Calvatis recommends prevention measures to prevent the african swine fever. The african swine fever is a notifiable disease. It is caused by a highly durable enveloped virus with a „fatty“ lipid membrane, whereby not all disinfectants are suitable to combat the virus.
Transmission: The virus of the infected boars can be transmitted by humans to domestic pigs. The disease does not break out with the person, however, they are the transferring vector.
Notable: In addition to the surface disinfection, the vehicle disinfection, disinfecting boots and an appropriate personal hygiene are recommended.
The effective disinfectants are:
- calgonit sterizid forte 15* - Disinfectant based on peracetic acid
- calgonit sterizid super* - concentrated stable disinfectant
- calgonit sterizid AS* - Disinfectant based on formic acid
- calgonit DS 685 - Neutral disinfectant based on alkylamine
- calgonit DS 680 - Neutral disinfection concentrate, free of formaldehyde
- calgonit sterizid P12 DES - concentrated stable disinfectant
- calgonit sterizid P1 Pro - Surface disinfectant
- calgonit sterizid Eco1 - Surface disinfectant
* DVG listed products
Calvatis recommends for the hands:
- calgonit DES-H - „ready-to-use“ Hand disinfectant
For the food sector Calvatis recommends in addition to the abovementioned products:
- calgonit DS 622 - Alcoholic disinfectant
Please use biocides carefully. Always read the label and product information before use.